•Strategic Goal: To contribute towards inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all by 2041
- To increase education access, quality, relevance and outcomes for ECD, primary and secondary subsectors by 2041.
- To increase access to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education and training by 2041
- Strengthen governance and accountability systems
- Promote quality and outcomes of ECD, primary and secondary education
- Level opportunities for all populations to access affordable quality technical, vocational and tertiary education
Active projects implemented under the pillar
Improving Education Quality in Community Day Secondary Schools ( IEQ – CDSS ) Funded by The Mastercard foundation and Echidna Giving – November 2017 to December 2020
IEQ – CDSS is a project which stems out from government’s efforts to improve quality of education in all its schools at all levels.
Some of the completed projects for the pillar
Girls empowerment through education and health ( ASPIRE ) Funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) – 2015 to 2018
ASPIRE is designed to specifically address the challenges that girls face in the Malawi Education System. ASPIRE focuses on All Primary and Secondary Schools in Balaka and Machinga districts.
Keeping Girls in School – Cash Transfer ( KGIS ) Funded by The Department for International Development (DfID) – 1 October 2014 to 31 September 2017
The aim of the project as the name implies is to keep girls in school through Cash Transfer.The main focus of KGIS are the adolescent standard 7 and 8 girls. When families living below poverty line are faced with an option to chose who amongst their male and female children to continue with Education.
Every Girl in School ( EGIS ) Funded by World Food Programme (WFP) – May 2017 to December 2017
The goal of this project is to raise awareness on the importance of education particularly for girls in 701 schools in its 10 impact districts by December 2017